But You, O LORD, are a shield for me, My glory and the One who lifts up my head. (Psalm 3:3)
Like you, I’ve been following the disturbing, evolving story of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Please know, the health and wellbeing of our community is a major priority. Hence, we are asking you to take all necessary precautions to keep yourself and others safe, especially in light of recent developments.
At this time, government and health officials are recommending the cancelation of public events with an attendance of more than 50 persons to help slow the spread of COVID-19. Therefore, we will not meet in person on Sunday, March 22, 2020. Nevertheless, please join me once again via our online platform at www.agapecenter.org, www.livestream.com
or Facebook Live. We will stream ONE service LIVE at 9 am EST.
I will be sharing another insightful message to encourage your heart and strengthen your faith. Likewise, our worship team will join me in leading live, meaningful worship. Together we intend to create an online mission field to reach souls for Jesus Christ and connect with Agape!
Prayerfully, we will assemble together at Agape Pointe as soon as possible, but in the meantime, please help us spread the word about our online experience. Share the graphic notifications and continue to learn and grow together as a church by worshipping together in your homes with friends and family. I’m looking for every member of Agape to join me via Livestream or Facebook Live, and to share it on your feed. Or, if you’ll be watching via Agape’s website, consider inviting someone to join you by sending them the link.
I am thankful to be a part of a very generous church and a selfless ministry. In cases like these, your financial contributions are especially helpful. Our desire is to continue to provide care and resources to families affected by this national emergency, and we need your support to do so. We know that some people will decide not to attend via stream, but to those who are committed to the vision, faithful in their regular tithe and offering, we want to thank you, in advance, for your dedication to God’s house. To give electronically, text AFWC to 77977 or directly through PushPay
What We Are Doing
We are committed to keeping our premises clean in a number of ways.
- Highly visited areas and touched surfaces such as doors, tables, sinks and water coolers are being sanitized frequently.
- Staff and volunteer teams will wash their hands often and stay home if they are ill.
- We will provide additional hand sanitizer stations around the building for everyone to use.
- We will substitute hugging and shaking hands with smiles, air hugs and waves until further notice.
What You Can Do
You can help, too, in a number of ways:
- If you or someone you know tests positive for COVID-19, please advise us so we can be aware, pray for everyone affected and take necessary precautions here at Agape to protect others.
- If you are experiencing fever, achiness, coughing, sneezing, nausea, or any type of flu-like symptoms, please stay home and see a doctor if necessary.
- Cover your sneeze or cough with a tissue or in the bend of your elbow.
- AVOID touching your face as much as possible.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the restroom, before eating and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Forgo shaking hands and hugging others for a while.
Let us continue to pray for every affected and impacted by COVID-19 including healthcare workers and everyone on the front lines of this unexpected health crisis.
Finally, my prayer and confession for you is that “No evil shall befall you, nor shall any plague come near your dwelling” (Psalm 91:10).
Dr. Lawrence Powell